7.02.2012

67 days later...

It’s been 67 days since my last post.


On one hand, I can’t believe it’s been so long! On the other hand, so many things have happened in such a short amount of time that it seems like it should have been months and months longer…

I couldn’t possibly go back and cover all the things that happened but I will hit some highlights of each month:


APRIL
     I started my hiatus at the end of April. That month seemed to be dragging along and I was getting bored with my own posts. (How bad is that!?) I figured it was time to lay low and stop forcing posts for the sake of it. It wasn’t all humdrum though. Mark and I finally made a really big decision … we decided to start a family. We had been hovering on the outskirts of that decision for a while but it became “official”. This was the news I couldn’t discuss. The reason for this is because it affects Mark too.
     I knew going into it that it most likely wasn’t going to be a quick process and so to protect ourselves from a barrage of “are you pregnant yet!?” questions .. I chose to keep it mum. It’s been a couple months now and I think we’ve really come to terms with the fact that it will happen in God’s timing and that’s ok. You will hear more details about this in the future.

MAY
     May kicked off with a weekend trip to Georgia for Mark’s cousin’s wedding. It was a fun weekend for two reasons; one, it ended up being a giant family reunion and, secondly, I FINALLY got to meet my gorgeous and amazing niece.
     Unfortunately the good times came to an end for a while. A week later my mom was admitted to the hospital with some severe health issues. She stayed for about a week and was released. What made it so much worse though was that since she was given so much medicine so quickly, she actually went into acute kidney failure BEFORE she left the hospital and the doctors didn’t catch it and they released her anyways. Luckily her family physician happened to check her chart to follow up after she was home and caught it. She called my mom and told her to immediately go back. My mom was then sent back to the hospital for another week .. only to get bronchitis. Needless to say it was very stressful and terrifying.
     A few days before my mom was released (the second time) my dad experienced numbness and paralysis in one of his arms. It turned out to be due to upper spinal stenosis. Basically the openings in a couple vertebrae were narrowing and pinching the nerves. He went in for spinal surgery a week later. He is now doing better but it will be a long recovery.

JUNE
     I was so exhausted by the time June came around. Mentally and physically I was drained. Luckily, halfway through the month, Mark and I took a week off work and went to the beach on vacation. We went with Mark’s brother, his wife, her family, and our adorable niece. We had a blast and it was MUCH needed.
     June also brought a lot of changes. I started taking small day trips with work to some of our different branches so that was fun. Babies are a hot topic amongst my friends because there were births, pregnancy announcements and a couple showers during the month. Finally, because of course there could be no stone left unturned … even my church underwent some changes.

JULY
     Even though it is only the 2nd, this month may prove itself to be hectic as well. Mark is traveling to Japan for a couple weeks for work so that is new ground for us. Some of our close friends are moving back to the area (yay!) and I will be taking more day trips both for work and for pleasure.


Needless to say, I will never call my life boring or mundane again because look what happened the last time I did……

3 comments:

  1. Jess, I'm sorry to hear that your parents have had some health challenges. Hope everyone is doing better now.

    Yay for you and Mark on the baby decision. I hope the process goes smoothly for you.

    Glad to see you back on the blogfront. I was beginning to think you'd given up.

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...